Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's movie season!

Here are the films I think you should see throughout the Spring and Summer. if you don't see a film listed, it's because I have a reason for not wanting to see it. Watch the trailers and decide for yourselves you helpless bastards.

Thor: It's already out and I've already seen it, as a lot of folks have. I think Kenneth Branagh made a great superhero movie that nicely incorporated his experience in Shakespearean theater. Trailer

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: Pirates are cool. That's why you should see this. Trailer

X-Men: First Class: If you're not one of those overly-critical comic fanboys, then you've likely enjoyed the trailers so far. Trailer

Super 8: Directed by J.J. Abrams. This looks fantastic. J.J. Abrams gained a lot of credit with me for Cloverfield. Some people hate Cloverfield with a passion. I thought it was a great take on the giant monster movie that we've never seen before. Every other monster movie focuses on the scientists, or the military. Cloverfield was a look at it from the perspective of someone caught in the middle that doesn't have a fucking clue what's going on. It's the perspective that 98% of us would have if something like that actually happened. Super 8 looks like it has the sense of mystery that Cloverfield had, but it also looks like it has the feel of a film like E.T. Trailer

Green Lantern: This one is barely on the list. I want to see it, but it looks like a spectacle film. All the great special effects can't hide shitty acting or a shitty plot (Avatar anyone?) and the trailers make me feel like something is missing. Trailer

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2: If you don't want to see this, then you're dead inside, and I can do nothing about that. Trailer

Captain America: The First Avenger: Although the trailers make this seem a bit too campy for my tastes; I'll still be in line opening weekend. Watch for Dum Dum Dugan in the trailer, cause he's there! Trailer

Cowboys & Aliens: I love a good western film and I love a good alien film. I'll be seeing this with people other than my wife, since she says it looks stupid. She also says that fixing me dinner every night is stupid too, so let's just say her and I disagree on a few things. Trailer

Conan the Barbarian: This is is also barely on the list. I'm a pretty big Conan fan, and my opinion that they chose the wrong guy for Conan almost nullifies every other desire to see the film. Trailer

Apollo 18: This may change based on the reviews, but I'm interested on seeing what the creepy film is all about. Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment